Here at Foxford we understand that deciding which secondary school to choose is one of the most important decisions parents/guardians and young people have to make. The transition from Primary school to Secondary school needs to be a smooth one and we at Foxford endeavour to ensure that it is for our new arrivals.
It is important to have all of the information available to enable you to make an informed choice about the school you would prefer your child to attend. Our admissions process is part of the Coventry Local Authority co-ordinated scheme.
Please refer to Coventry School Admissions website for further details:
- Coventry School Admissions (Click here)
Admissions and benefits (Secondary - Primary to Secondary transfer)
Tel: 024 7683 1577
Civic Centre 1
Little Park Street
- Secondary School Admissions (Click here)
- Secondary school admissions - latest news (Click Here)
- Starting Secondary school in September (Click here)
- Open Evenings for Secondary school (Click here)
- Secondary school admissions - Starting in September 2019 timetable (Click Here)
- Question and Answers - Starting Secondary School (Click here)
- In Year transfers/New arrivals (Click here)
- In Year (mid-term) Transfers - things to think about (Click here)
Admissions and Benefits team - Secondary
Monday to Thursday: 8.30am–5.00pm, Friday: 8.30am-4.30pm
Tel: 024 7683 1613
Coventry City Council
- Appealing for a place (Click here)
Tel: 024 7683 3031
- Appeals timetable - Showing you information on when appeals have to submitted by. (Click here)
Below you will find Coventry City Council Appeals timetable:
How to make a school appeal.If you have not been offered a place at your preferred school(s) you have the right of appeal against the decision not to allocate your child a place. Accepting the place you have been offered does not affect your right of appeal.
Appeals are heard by an independent panel.
Appeals received after the closing date will by heard within the schedule, if possible.
Type of school admission Closing date for receipt of your written appeal: Your appeal will be heard by: 2019 appeal dates Change of school (application at any time other than normal intake) 20 school days after your outcome letter 30 school days after your appeal form is received
- For September 2019, closing dates are set 27/28 school days after offer date which will give us 7 weeks and 2 days for secondary appeals so should be able to include all second allocation work as well as on time applications: 5 weeks and 4 days for primary appeals when all second allocation work should also be complete.
Type of school admission Closing date for receipt of your written appeal: Your appeal will be heard by: Change of school (application at any time other than normal intake) 20 school days after your outcome letter 30 school days after your appeal form is received
In-year transfer school appeals 2018/2019
Date of appeal
|7-11 January 2019||5pm Friday 7 December 2018|
|4 - 8 February 2019||5pm Thursday 10 January 2019|
|4 - 8 March 2019||5pm Thursday 31 January 2019|
|25 March - 5 April 2019||5pm Thursday 28 February 2019|