At Foxford we promote a positive attitude to student achievement and, where possible, students should be valued and rewarded for their positive contribution and attendance. At Foxford, praise has a powerful and positive impact and provides an opportunity for all students to be rewarded for being ready to learn and achieving through learning.
The aim of our rewards system is to create a positive ethos through effective recognition of achievements. This includes rewarding students who demonstrate behaviour for learning and progress inside the classroom and those who are excellent members of the school community outside of the classroom.
The reward system runs in parallel with the schools ‘Five steps to success’ the behaviour, attendance and equal opportunities policy.
- The reward system offers:
- The opportunity to celebrate student success;
- The opportunity to promote positive behaviour to combat negative behaviour;
- The chance to ensure regular school attendance;
- Readiness for learning;
Achievement through learning and
Essential foundations for a positive teaching environment.
Central to the rewards policy is the use of epraise, a web based rewards scheme through which students. The system works through.
- Staff issuing 2 praise points every lesson for going above and beyond expectations.
- Praise points are used to work towards different milestones, to buy things in the shop, enter prize draws or donate them to one of our chosen charities including our link school in Kampala, Uganda, the Kemp Hospice and Coventry Food Bank. .
- League tables are automatically created for students, tutor groups, year teams so students can see how well they are performing. Celebration of student achievements will be frequent through tutors and year group assemblies.
Some of the items on offer in our rewards shop are found to the left of this page. The price is in number of praise points.
Students work towards a bronze, silver or gold milestone depending on the number of praise points they gain. At each milestone they are awarded a certificate and a lapel badge. On top of that we run departmental rewards, an end of year celebration evening, rewards trips and much more.